Sunday, May 1, 2011

Mother's Day Caddis Hatch

I have never had the opportunity to fish a Mother's Day Caddis hatch before. I imagine this year I may catch the tail end of it if I am lucky. Either way, caddis are ubiquitous in many of the waters that I will fish over the next year so I have been thinking a lot about caddis and how I can fish them.

Here is a neat video out of Bozeman, MT (I think):



My blog stalking has piqued my interest in a couple new patterns I want to try, too. I shared my favorite blogger's caddis pattern a week ago. But here it is for your reference.


Tying the Colorado Caddis from Juan Ramirez on Vimeo.

Also, a fantastic blogger and MFC signature tier, Carl P, has a very sexy caddis pupae. It seems like a winner.



If you have any killer patterns for the Mother's Day Caddis hatch or any caddis pop, please share them.

Happy Tying,
Scott

No comments: