Sunday, April 24, 2011

Some Nifty Flies

I am OBSESSED with fly tying. I have not been able to put everything together to make my own videos so I thought I would share a few of my favorites.

The first set is from one of my best fly fishing buddies. Bryan is super creative at the vise and he knows how to catch fish!


Hammer from Bryan w on Vimeo.

I certainly don't want to offend anyone with the next comment but I feel that I must be honest. My favorite blog to follow is The Hopper Juan. Juan's flies are so practical, excellently tied, creative and inspiring. I would like to know how he developed the creativity. I would like to know how to tie so well. I would also like to know how I can capture my flies on film like he does. Juan is definitely one of my greatest inspirations for trout fishing with the fly.

The first fly is Juan's Flossback Emerger. You can purchase it at Dream Drift Flies.

 

This next fly is one I have yet to try but it looks like a trout slayer!


Tying the Colorado Caddis from Juan Ramirez on Vimeo.


My favorite bugger pattern is tied by the dudes at the North Platte River Fly Shop. You probably need to be on Facebook to see this one though.


I could go on and on with my favorite flies but this should wet your whistle. I hope to feature a lot more of my favorite tying videos in the future. Happy Tying!!! 

Also, Happy Easter!

No comments: