Thursday, June 9, 2011

Dry Flies On My Mind...

Since I botched all those takes on my Chubby Chernobyl I have had dry flies on the front of my brain. It seems that it haunts me - the coulda-woulda-shouldas of the day.

A good, new friend was at a nearby river and saw some PMDs hatching. I have heard that PMDs are a pretty fun hatch to fish. I have been hunting the interwebs for PMD patterns.

My fly tying has been in a funk lately, too. My whole brain actually. My licensure exams are at the end of the month and I am pretty worked up about them. They are breeding a wicked case of perfectionism. All my flies lack perfection and it is irritating.

The interwebs are an excellent tools for learning new skills to try and implement into your tying style. With enough practice they can become a habit in your tying arsenal.

Here is a great video of a parachute pattern. It can be adapted to anything I suppose.... baetis, PMD, generic Adams, and so on. Enjoy!


Tying a Sulphur Parachute Fly from Tightline Productions on Vimeo.

Happy tying and tight lines
Scott

No comments: